Year 7 CYE Residential trip - A
At Charter this year we are delighted to offer Year 7 students the opportunity to spend a night away at an activity centre in Chichester.
Students will be leaving school at the end of the school day (3.15pm) and will return Saturday 13th October at 5pm.
They will go to the CYE Centre in Chidham, Chichester where they will be do a range of activities from kayaking, archery, assault courses and much more.
For the sailing they will need to bring with them a pair of old shoes that can get wet, their swimming kit and a towel. All of the safety equipment, wetsuits and buoyancy aids will be provided by the Watersports Centre.
All food is provided.
We will be returning to school at approximately 5.00pm on Saturday 13th October however due to the nature of the event there may be a change in return time.
Please select the smallest bag suitable for the length of trip – the cabins will have up to 3 other children and suitcases in them! However, please balance that with children having enough layers to wear on water sessions – it is always cooler on the water with the sea breeze! If you are packing for your child, please take time to go through this with them so they know what clothing they have available to them.
- Complete change of clothing
- 2 warm pullovers/sweatshirts/fleeces
- Tracksuit bottoms/leggings for activities (not denim)
- Two pairs of footwear, one to stay dry (Trainers) and one to get wet e.g. old trainers /wetsuit shoes (Not Crocs, wellies or flip flops – they must securely attach to their feet)
- Towel, shampoo and swimming kit
- Woollen hat or cap (depending on the time of year!)
- Waterproof cagoule or jacket (not padded)
- Packed lunch and drink
- Sun Lotion
- Names or initials in ALL clothing (including underwear!)
- Large plastic bag for wet clothing and shoes
- Duvet cover and pillow case
- Enough clothes & underwear for their stay (bearing in mind they are likely to get wet on activities and that it is generally 5°C cooler on the water)
- Bath towel and toiletries
- Indoor shoes / slippers for on board the ship (NO SHOES ON THE BOAT)
Please do not bring video games, mp3s, phones etc. You may bring cameras but please be aware that this is at your own risk and you won’t be able to take it out on water activities.
Anything left here will be sent back with the group leader so please check with them first. Please label your clothing!