Due to unforeseen circumstances our Autumn 1 newsletter will be delayed in going out and will be posted the first week back after half term.
We hope you have a good half term and we look forward to seeing you all back on the 29th October for our next ‘Charter Day’. Please note that there will be a slightly later start (10.15am) for students for this day only.
Extreme Weather Procedure
The National and Local Press have released nationwide extreme weather warnings for snow and ice across the region. If weather conditions are such that there is a possibility of school closure – please take the following actions:
- Listen to Radio Solent – if the school is closed Radio Solent will issue regular bulletins throughout the morning listing schools that are closed or partially closed.
- Check the school website – as soon as a decision is made to close the school our website is updated to that effect.
- Please do not phone the school to ask if we are open – this simply jams the school switchboard.
In the event of weather conditions worsening during the school day we may take the decision to close the Academy, if conditions/the school site are deemed unsafe or we believe there is a significant impact to transport links. Should this be the case we will confirm arrangements with parents before we send students home.