Additional Year 7 places for September 2017
In support of our partnership with PCC and their pupil forecast, Charter Academy is pleased to offer a further 60 places in our Year 7 cohort starting September 2017.
If you wish to apply for one of these places please contact PCC admissions or the Academy directly.
PCC Admissions Email: email@example.com Phone: 02392 688008
Charter Academy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 02392 824204
Ofsted and performance data
Latest Ofsted Result
Ofsted inspected Charter Academy in December 2016, the full report has been published and can be read here: Charter Academy 2016 OFSTED Report
In 2016, Charter Academy students are celebrating a great set of results:
- A*-C English and Maths: 68%
- 5 A*-B including English and Maths: 27%
- Ebacc: 27%
- Progress 8 (estimated): +0.5
We are delighted with our estimated Progress 8 score of +0.5. Progress 8 is a new government schools performance measure which aims to capture a students' progress from the end of primary school until the end of secondary school. Student's GCSE results are compared with the results of students in other secondary schools across the country with the same prior attainment.
Our progress 8 score shows that, on average, our students achieved half a GCSE grade higher than students with the same prior attainment in other schools.
In the 2015 Performance Tables:
- 23% of pupils achieved 5 or more GCSEs at A*-B including English and Mathematics.
- 73% of pupils achieved 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C including English and Mathematics.
- 23% of pupils achieved the English Baccalaureate (6+ GCSEs at A*-C including English, Mathematics, two or more Science subjects, History or Geography and a Modern Foreign Language).
- 86% of pupils achieved an A*-C grade in GCSE English with 95% making at least expected progress.
- 81% of pupils achieved an A*-C grade in GCSE Mathematics with 86% making at least expected progress.
The most recent DfE Performance Table Data for Charter Academy is available here
Performance tables: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/
Charter Academy is a Church of England School. Church schools are recognised for their distinctive Christian ethos and the impact this has on standards and all round education. Once a Church School has had their Ofsted inspection, they will receive a SIAS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools) inspection. The SIAS inspection focuses on how distinctive and effective the school is as a Church school. Inspectors will record whether or not the school meets the relevant statutory requirements, for collective worship and RE as well as a strong Christian ethos. As with Ofsted the main judgments will be rated on the scale one to four (1-4), as Outstanding, Good, Satisfactory or Inadequate.
In July 2012 Charter had a SIAS inspection. The inspection was carried out by Portsmouth CofE diocese. The diocese awarded Charter with a solid Good with elements of outstanding. The diocese gave targets for the school to further improve. You can read the SIAS report by clicking on the link. SIAS Inspection