Skip to main content
- Students should aim at 100% attendance.
- Missing days at the academy are costly: 6 lessons a day is over 5 hours of your learning gone and it is very difficult to get this back.
- If you are absent from the academy please ask your parent/carer to phone the Attendance Officer on 02392824204
- When you return to the academy bring a note which explains your absence and hand it to your advisor.
- If for any reason you miss morning or afternoon registration you must sign in for health and safety reasons to the academy at reception.
- If you are late in the morning without a valid reason you can expect a detention.
- Persistent truancy may result in exclusion.
- The academy actively discourages holidays being taken during the term. Learning time is too valuable. Any application for authorisation of a holiday in term time for any length of time must be made in writing at least two weeks before departure.
- Students who have a low attendance rate (i.e. below 95%) will be referred to the Attendance Monitoring Service and their parents may be prosecuted.