Free School Meals
Free School Meals
What is Free School Meal?
The school gets extra funding for every child registered as eligible for a free school meal if their parents receive benefits. The school uses this money for activities including art therapy, booster classes, educational trips and after school clubs.
The qualifying benefits are:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you meet the criteria, during lockdown, you can apply via https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/arkschools
- You must complete all fields
- You must include accurate information (i.e. everything according to your official documents)
- You must select Ark Charter Academy as the school for your child
If you do not complete all fields, include unofficial details, and/or do not select Ark Charter Academy, you might have your application misplaced or denied, and the school will not be able to help nor update your status.
If your application is completed correctly and you are successful, the school will be informed, will update your child's status on our system, and you will from this date receive free school meals.
If you have any queries, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org