At Charter we are lucky enough that our parents and carers support us. They operate a Parent Council which is open to all parents and carers. The Parent Council brings together parents, teachers and others to raise money and to support the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents and teachers can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available. Whatever you are able to offer, the school will benefit from the additional funds it will raise and the increased opportunity for parents to be more involved in school life.
What does the Parent Council do?
At Charter Academy we are keen to do as much as parents and teachers can organise. Examples of activities include:
- Raising funds to help the school provide “extras” for the students.
- Running social events for parents and children.
- Providing support for school trips and outings and other special events.
- Running after-school clubs for sport, music and drama.
- Organising meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place.
Anyone who is a parent or registered carer of a child at Charter Academy, or a member of staff at Charter Academy can join the Parent Council.
How do I get involved?
The first step is to express your interest by contacting the Parent Council - firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a table at Open Evenings, Academic Review and other school activities, where you are welcome to speak to us.
How much time will I need to commit?
Initially, you may only be expressing your interest for more involvement. We aim to meet monthly, please email for further details.