IMPORTANT- This alert shows on every page on the website. To see the content of the page you are looking for click on the link in the tab at the top and scroll right to the bottom of the page.
25th March 2020
Please click here for our most recent letter to parents and carers dated 25th March 2020.
We all have our part to play in helping to stop the spread of Coronavirus. This means we must stay at home to protect the NHS and help save lives.
Community Classrooms for vulnerable students and key workers’ children
Parents should keep children at home wherever possible and thanks to everyone across our community who has followed that advice. The fewer children making the journey to school and the fewer children in our Community Classrooms, the lower the risk of the virus spreading.
The purpose of our Community Classroom is to provide care for the children of key workers and children who are vulnerable. Only children in these categories can attend. Information on the list of key workers is here.
Any parents who meet the criteria and who want their children to attend the Community Classroom must let us know, giving details, otherwise we cannot guarantee places.
We will ask parents on a weekly basis to re-confirm if they want to continue using the Community Classroom in school.
We are working to maintain as much stability for the students’ education as possible. Whilst it is not possible to fully replicate the educational experience at home, we are putting in place plans to make sure students can still access work and teachers are able to support their learning. Learning resources for each year group have been posted on our website https://charteracademy.org.uk/home-learning-1 and you and your children can email our staff for support. Staff email addresses can be found https://charteracademy.org.uk/staff
We will update this page and keep in touch with parents and students via our website, texts and letters.
Please continue to follow health guidance.
Thank you to everyone for your understanding during these challenging times and a heartfelt thanks to our NHS and key workers who are working so hard to look after us all.
If you need to contact the school, please phone 02392824204 and leave a voicemail. Voicemails are being forwarded to the relevant member of staff. Alternatively you can email email@example.com.
STAY HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES
This is an unsettling and disruptive time for everyone and we will work together as a school and local community to face the challenging times ahead. Thank you for your support and understanding during these exceptional circumstances. If we can do anything more to help your family, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Students should aim at 100% attendance.
- Missing days at the academy are costly: 6 lessons a day is over 5 hours of your learning gone and it is very difficult to get this back.
- If you are absent from the academy please ask your parent/carer to phone the Attendance Officer on 02392824204
- When you return to the academy bring a note which explains your absence and hand it to your advisor.
- If for any reason you miss morning or afternoon registration you must sign in for health and safety reasons to the academy at reception.
- If you are late in the morning without a valid reason you can expect a detention.
- Refusal to attend lessons may lead to an exclusion.
- The academy actively discourages holidays being taken during the term. Learning time is too valuable. Any application for authorisation of a holiday in term time for any length of time must be made in writing using the form below at least two weeks before departure.
- Ark Charter overall attendance for the academic year 2018-19 was 90.9%.